- All RCLS member library directors, manager and librarians are eligible to apply.
- Individual applicants can receive only one scholarship during each calendar year.
- Courses taken toward the MLS degree are not applicable.
- A candidate must be employed at a RCLS member library.
Deadlines and Announcements
- All applications must be received prior to fall and spring deadlines.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by email.
- Scholarship check will be sent to the recipient, once the evaluation report and proof of course completion have been received by Grace Riario at RCLS, via RCLS delivery.
- Applicants denied scholarships will be notified by email and will have the opportunity to apply in the following round.
- Incomplete applications will be returned to the applicant with a note indicating the error or omission.
- Scholarships recipient will be chosen by the RCLS Board of Trustees.
- The RCLS Board of Trustees has the right to offer no scholarships, if the applications do not meet the minimum eligibility requirements. A maximum of two (2) scholarships will be offered per year.
- Scholarship monies not used will go back to the RCLS continuing education program.
- Scholarship recipients are required to write a brief evaluation report about their experience, describing the value of the course for them and the impact of the course on their job performance. All or part of this report may then be used in future RCLS publicity.
- Recipients may also be asked to share their experience with the local library community at a RCLS event.
- Scholarship check will not be mailed to the recipient, if the evaluation report and proof of course completion is not submitted to RCLS, within 60 days of course completion.
Click here for the application form.