Outreach Services Grant
Ramapo Catskill Library System
Outreach Services Grant-GUIDELINES
The Ramapo Catskill Library System will award three grants each year to encourage member libraries to develop new programs or services aimed at some or all of the New York State target populations. These populations include people who blind or physically disabled, aged, developmentally or learning disabled, institutionalized, members of ethnic/minority groups in need of special services, educationally disadvantaged, unemployed/underemployed or geographically isolated.
These grants are intended to foster new activities, not to support ongoing programs. Preference will be given to those proposals that include strategies that will lead to sustained activities beyond the grant period. Special consideration will be given to those proposals that are exceptionally innovative and/or have high impact on the lives of target populations mentioned above.
- All RCLS member libraries
- A member library is eligible to receive one grant during each grant year.
- Main contact for the grant must be a current employee of the library at the time of the application.
Deadlines and Announcements
- All applications must be received on or before 4:00pm on the first day of October.
- Award recipients will be notified on or before 4:00pm on the third Friday of November by e-mail.
- Grant funds must be used within 1 year of the grant award notification.
- Grant funds will be sent to the award recipients via delivery, once the evaluation report, progress photos, statistics and receipts are submitted to Grace Riario at RCLS.
- Member libraries not award grant funds will be notified by e-mail and will have the opportunity to apply the following year.
- Incomplete applications will be returned to the applicant member library with a note indicating the error or omission.
- Award recipients will be chosen by the Coordinated Outreach Services Advisory Group (COSAG)
- The COSAG board has the right to offer no grant if applications do not meet the minimum eligibility requirements.
- Grant monies not used will go back to the RCLS Outreach Budget.
- Grant recipients are required to submit the evaluation report within 30 days of the end of the grant period.
- This report should include a description of the program, details about the value of the program or service to their target population, progress photos and statistics, samples or a summary of any user feedback and any other information deemed appropriate. The evaluation report and attached materials will not be returned to the recipients. All or part of this report may then be used in future RCLS publicity.
- Grant recipients may also be asked to share the experience with the local library community, legislator or State Library.
Click here for the application form.