Valley Cottage Library, located in a nearby suburb of NYC, is a renowned community resource serving the 23,000 residents of the Nyack School District. We are seeking a reliable, customer service oriented librarian for a part-time position in our busy Adult Services Department.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastically focused on public service, with a patron-centric mindset, have knowledge of current methods and practices of librarianship, and the ability to help and communicate with patrons of all ages and abilities.
· Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited program
· NYS Public Librarian Certificate
· Experience with the SirsiDynix Symphony ILS or Koha ILS preferred
· Proven mastery of Microsoft Office
· Demonstrated ability providing readers advisory and reference services
· Strong knowledge of mobile technology, eBooks and digital platforms
· Ability to communicate and teach concepts both simple and complex to a varied audience
· Providing excellent reference service across formats and front-line Information Desk coverage
· Providing technology assistance and instruction in the use of online library resources
· Readers advisory in support of areas of patron interest
· Collection development within defined collections of adult material
· Enforces the policies and procedures of the Library
· Acts as Person-in-Charge as designated by the Chain of Command
This is a part-time position which includes Wednesday evenings 5pm-9pm and the fourth Saturday of each month 9:45am-5pm. The hourly rate is $29/hour.
If you possess a passion to work in a team-based and customer-focused environment that strives to provide excellent services to the community at large, apply now!
A completed employment application is required and can be obtained at www.valleycottagelibrary.org/jobs-at-vcl. Please email the completed application, a resume and cover letter highlighting your experience to the attention of Ashley Maraffino, Assistant Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until February 19, 2024.
Valley Cottage Library is an equal opportunity employer.