The Putnam Valley Library, an association library serving a semi-rural community of 12,000 individuals in the lower Hudson Valley of New York, seeks an enthusiastic and creative full-time Programming Librarian or Assistant Librarian for its children’s floor.
· Plan & implement programs for children and teens
· Create and distribute marketing material for children and teen programs.
. Assist with collection development and reader’s advisory (including for teens).
· Work on the summer reading program in collaboration with the youth services coordinator.
· Contribute to newsletters and the library’s social media presence.
· Outreach and collaborate with local organizations, local schools and local events.
· Seek grant opportunities.
· Assist with circulation duties as needed.
· Experience working with children and teens.
· Proficient in current and emerging technologies.
· Ability to organize and self-direct work responsibly.
· Ability to work cooperatively with all staff at every level.
· Master’s degree in Library Science + NYS Public Librarian’s certificate preferred
· Fluency in the Spanish language is a plus.
· Schedule – Tues 9 – 5 p.m., Weds 11- 7 p.m. Thurs & Fri from 9 – 5 p.m. Sat – 9 – 4 p.m. Off Sun and Mon. Some flexibility may be required at times.
Minimal Qualifications: MLS or library experience or Teaching background. We are willing to train the right person and encourage current MLIS students to apply. $37-47K annual salary. Please email your resume and cover letter by 10/15/23 (or until the position is filled) to email@example.com.