The Daniel Pierce Library Board of Trustees is seeking a library director to lead our dynamic community-oriented association library, chartered to serve the Tri-Valley School district. The library is located in the scenic Catskill Mountains and serves approximately 6,500 residents and numerous summer visitors.
The Daniel Pierce Library is celebrating our 125th year of service to our gracious community. Our new vision for our next director includes demonstrating the ability to be a team player to lead our dedicated and experienced staff, develop new program ideas, build community connections, and increase our volunteer pool. Additionally, the candidate should demonstrate solid financial budgeting skills, strong technology experience and be a proficient grant writer. Availability to work a wide range of hours is a must. The director reports to a nine-member Board of Trustees.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with schools, agencies, civic and community groups including a museum which shares building space in the library
- Supervise staff and volunteers with the goal of providing excellent public service and ensuring a welcoming atmosphere
- Research and prepare grant applications along with leading fundraising events to increase funding opportunities
- Oversee all financial operations, budgeting and reporting requirements
- Coordinates the maintenance of the 27,000 sq. ft. library building, including a geothermal HVAC system and manicured grounds
- Plan, coordinate and increase programming for all ages, in particular teen and adult
- Oversee technology needs
- Advocate for the library by promoting programs and keeping the community informed about library services and resources
- Develop and update existing policies and procedures
- Experience with administration and management including demonstrated leadership, supervision, communication, interpersonal and technology skills and project management in a library setting
- Experience working with library trustees, elected officials, community groups and general public
- Knowledge of foundations and management of endowment growth and demonstrated fundraising expertise
Minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA program is preferred. Salary starting at $70,000 commensurate with education and experience.
Candidates are invited to submit a resume, cover letter and three professional references by September 22nd, 2023, to the Board President, Mari Martin , firstname.lastname@example.org or the Daniel Pierce Library : Mari Martin, PO Box 268, Grahamsville, NY 12740.