Nestled in the historic Hudson River Valley, the West Nyack Free Library seeks a dynamic, creative, and inspiring community leader to serve as the library Director. This Association Library located in the suburbs of New York City serves a diverse community of almost 10,000 in Rockland County. The library is within driving distance of many beautiful scenic areas, including Harriman State Park and allows easy access to NYC’s culture and entertainment. The successful candidate will have the vision to mentor twenty-eight dedicated employees, collaborate with eight board members, and administer a budget of $1.3 million while expanding library services and engaging the Clarkstown School District community.
Qualifications and requirements
· Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written form
· Knowledge of technology trends and cybersecurity needs
· Demonstrated experience in building a team and developing a culture of problem-solving
· Ability to represent the mission and vision of the library to key community partners and residents
· Master of Library Science degree from an ALA-accredited school
· New York Public Certification or ability to obtain
Salary starts at $91,500 negotiable based on experience. The library offers a generous benefits package, including a 403 (b), health and Disability insurance, worker’s compensation, PTO and flexible spending plan.
To apply for this career opportunity, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org