Nestled in the historic Hudson River Valley, the West Nyack Free Library seeks a dynamic, innovative, and inspiring leader to serve as its Library Director. The West Nyack Free Library is located in Rockland County, NY, and is an Association Library and member of the Ramapo Catskill Library System (RCLS), serving a diverse community of almost 10,000. Within driving distance of many scenic areas (Bear Mountain, West Point, Harriman State Park) and easy access to NYC’s culture and entertainment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the library which include but are not limited to:
· Supervise and mentor a staff of 28.
· Manage the library’s $1.3 million budget.
· Offer and expand library services that engage the Clarkstown Central School District and community.
· Administer policies of the Board of Trustees.
· Represent the mission and vision of the library to residents and key community partners.
· Initiate and manage grants for capital improvements and programming.
· Supervise the maintenance of library property and facility, recommending repairs, alterations and new construction.
· MLS or MLIS from an ALA-accredited school, with at least 3 years of supervisory experience.
· New York Public Library Certification or ability to obtain.
· Comprehensive knowledge of library administration practices, current principles, collection development, technology trends, cybersecurity needs.
· Proven experience in team building and developing a culture of collaboration and problem-solving.
· Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written form.
Salary: $100,000, negotiable based on experience. The library offers a benefits package, including health insurance, 403(b) plan, Flexible Spending Account
To apply for this career opportunity, please submit a cover letter, resume, and two professional references to our Human Resource Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15, 2023.