The Fallsburg Library Board of Trustees seeks a creative and enthusiastic Library Director committed to community engagement to oversee all activities and operations of the library. The Fallsburg Library is a school district public library serving the 10,000+ residents of the diverse Fallsburg Central School District community 90 miles outside of NYC in Sullivan County.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with schools, community organizations, and shareholders
- Manage all library services, operations, and facilities
- Supervise and mentor library staff
- Oversee all financial operations, budgeting, and reporting requirements
- Plan, coordinate, and increase programming for all ages
- Develop and update existing policies and procedures
Minimum Qualifications: A master’s degree in library science or library Information Science from a college or university accredited by The American Library Association and a New York State Public Library certificate, three (3) years of professional library experience, and two (2) of management.
Special Requirement: Applicant must be eligible to be appointed from the civil service list for Library Director I, held by the Sullivan County Department of Human Resources.
Compensation: The position offers a starting salary of $61,000 – $67,000 (salary negotiable based upon experience) with the following benefits package: NYS Retirement system, health insurance coverage, paid holidays, and generous PTO included, as well as optional employee-funded membership in Aflac and NYS Deferred Comp plans.
Please forward your cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Grace Riario at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Fallsburg Library Director.”