The Howland Public Library in Beacon, N.Y., is looking for a few part-time library pages. We are looking for people who are organized and can work independently. Pages spend much of their time in the library stacks.
The duties for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Sorting and shelving all library materials
· Shelf reading
· Shifting collections as necessary
· Must be able to file library materials alphabetically and numerically
· Must have the physical ability to push and pull loaded book carts
· Must be able to bend, stretch and kneel
· Must be able to climb on, and balance on, a kick stool
· Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with library staff and with public
· Must have the ability to follow verbal and written instructions
· Must be able to work without direct supervision
Pages must be able to work three (3) days a week with availability on evenings and weekends.
Completion of the eighth grade of school or any equivalent combination of experience and training sufficient to indicate the ability to do the work is required.
Salary and Benefits:
The position pays $15.00 per hour. All employees receive holiday pay, bereavement, and access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Howland Public Library participates in the New York State and Local Retirement System.
How to Apply:
Those interested in applying should fill out an application at www.beaconlibrary.org/employment. Completed applications can be returned to the Circulation Desk; mailed to Howland Public Library, 313 Main St., Beacon, NY 12508, Attn: Kristin Charles-Scaringi; or emailed to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as they come in.