Mount Saint Mary College (Newburgh, NY) Kaplan Family Library and Learning Center invites applicants to apply for a Night Library Supervisor position. This 35-hour/week Access Services position oversees circulation desk functions, supervises student library staff, and is the primary source of technology support during the evening shift 2:30-10:00pm Sunday through Thursday.
Job Title: Night Supervisor & Stacks Coordinator
Reports To: Access Services Librarian
Work Schedule: 35 hrs./wk, Sunday-Thursday, 2:30 p.m.-10:00 p.m. during the Fall and Spring semesters. Hours flex to 4:30 p.m.-12:00 a.m. during mid-term and final exam periods. Semester break and summer hours adjusted according to library schedule.
- Responsible for all circulation activities during library’s evening and late hours
- Enforces policies with library users.
- Primary tech support resource for students in the library during the evening.
- Responsible for creating online FAQs, assisting with virtual chat reference, and responding to email inquiries.
- Responsible for all course reserves and permanent reserves.
- Closes library, ensuring that library users are out of the building and all equipment is shut down (as instructed) at closing.
- Maintains up-to-date closing procedures.
- Supervises and trains evening work-study students.
- Responsible for shelving, shelf-reading, and collection shifting. Assigns these tasks to student workers as needed.
- Identifies library materials in need of repair.
- Assists with conducting routine inventory.
- Assists library users with quick questions, helps them locate materials, and provides other general library services.
- Refers questions to reference librarian as appropriate.
- Assists users with hardware and software matters as appropriate
- Assists in creating training materials for work-study students as needed.
- Coordinates refreshments for extended hours periods
- Communicates closely with daytime circulation staff and with evening reference librarians.
- Fulfills interlibrary loan requests when full-time ILL personnel is out of the office.
- Assists with library events, including marketing, student staffing and assignments, and facilitates overall event logistics as needed.
- Serves as back-up for book processing, especially during non-semester times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree required; BA/BS preferred.
- Exercises independent judgment and makes sound decisions
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to supervise; proven management skills
- Strong customer service philosophy
- Congenial and courteous demeanor
- Commitment to providing quality library service
- Ability to exercise good judgment and work independently
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to troubleshoot minor software and hardware problems
- Working knowledge of an integrated library system (preferably Sierra) preferred;
- Previous library work preferred
For the full description and to apply, please visit