Certified Librarian needed to work one scheduled Saturday per month 9:30am to 3:00pm. Will also have the opportunity to cover other shifts on an as needed basis.
· Works with the public at the reference desk answering reference questions, suggesting reading materials, placing holds, and assisting with library equipment (PC, fax, copier, etc).
· Responsible for monitoring computer workstations to assure the appropriate use
· May be asked to assist the Head of Youth Services and Reference with various project such as collection development, weeding, and program preparation.
· Other duties as assigned
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Knowledge of and interest in library materials
· Willingness to learn library methods and techniques and follow established guidelines
· Proficient in Enterprise and Workflows
· Knowledge of and ability to demonstrate use of eBooks and other necessary software
· Communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
· Ability to physically perform the duties such as using a step to reach high shelves, bending or stooping to reach low shelves and carrying books and materials
· Knowledge of how to assist with the Internet and programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Must have, or be working towards Masters of Library and Information Science and up-to-date NYS Public Librarian Certificate
Salary is $22 – $24.00/hr depending on education and experience.
Cover letter and resume should be emailed to email@example.com