Part-time Library Aide in Children’s Services – Provisional Civil Service Appointment
We are looking for an energetic, highly motivated part-time employee who believes in providing excellent customer service to children and parents. The ideal candidate must be comfortable working with and providing public service to a diverse population.
Fluency in Spanish is required.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Provide assistance in the selection, preparation, presentation, and overseeing of programs in the library and during outreach in the community, which include story times, crafts, and special events for children.
- Help children in locating information or books and readers’ advisory.
- Perform a variety of clerical and miscellaneous tasks such as assembling kits, checking book orders, and creating bibliographies.
- Working knowledge of children’s literature and learning processes.
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team, as well as having tact, courtesy, and a sense of humor when working with staff and patrons of all ages.
- Willingness to constantly learn new skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively when addressing large or small groups of children and/or adults.
- Does related work as required.
- Must have the ability to lift 35 pounds.
Compensation: salary range of $20 – $23 per hour with a schedule of up to 17.5 hours per week.
Candidates must meet minimum requirements as determined by the Rockland County Department of Personnel.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Tara Morris, Head of Children’s Services, Haverstraw King’s Daughters Public Library, 10 West Ramapo Road, Garnerville, NY 10923 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org