East Fishkill seeks two enthusiastic and high-energy individuals to fill the role of Library Clerk; part time (see hour requirements below). Primary responsibilities include but not limited to checking items in and out, pulling holds, processing materials, registering patrons, collecting fines, shelving and shelf maintenance. Customer service skills are a must.
Qualifications, Desired Knowledge, Skills:
· Strong customer service skills and an ability to work well with others as well as independently.
· Excellent communication, customer service, and organizational skills.
· A large degree of comfort with technology.
· Ability to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and lift.
· Ability to perform with minimal supervision, establish and maintain priorities, meet deadlines, exercise initiative, and make independent decisions.
· Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
· Ability to represent the library in a professional manner.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements: Graduation from high school or possession of GED.
Compensation: Starting $15.00.
Hours: Clerk Position #1 Hours: Monday 9am-5pm, Thursday 5pm-8pm; Clerk Position #2 Hours: Thursday 9am-3pm, Friday 12pm-6pm
Hours subject to change and candidate must take part in the Saturday and Sunday rotation.
To Apply: Interested candidates should apply with cover letter, 3 references (at least 2 professional), and résumé via email to Nicole Williams at email@example.com with the subject heading “Part Time Library Clerk Position”.