Katonah Village Library is seeking a friendly, service-oriented Library Clerk. General responsibilities include checking materials in and out; issuing library cards; answering phones; assisting patrons with finding materials; computer support; assisting with maintenance of collections, and preparation of program materials and displays. The position will be at both the Children’s and Adult Circulation Desk: The applicant should be comfortable working with all age groups. Additional hours may be available.
Qualifications, Desired Knowledge and Skills:
● Experience working with children is preferred.
● Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
● Ability to use technology/strong computer skills.
● Ability to represent the library in a professional and friendly manner.
● Enthusiastic and collaborative.
● Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional weekday/subbing hours ($16/hour) available. (Applicants with schedule-flexibility are encouraged to apply.)
Requirements: Applicants should have a high school diploma or GED. Some college is preferred.
Benefits: Retirement Plan (The Katonah Village Library is a NYSLRS
Please email a letter of application with your resume to Director Mary Kane at email@example.com with the subject heading: “Library Clerk”.