Passionate about reader’s advisory services?
Interested in serving as the concierge librarian to the 400 residents of The Osborn?
The Rye Free Reading Room seeks a customer-focused individual to oversee all library operations at The Osborn.
Under the general supervision of the Assistant Director, the Osborn Library Manager, a part-time librarian position, is responsible for overseeing all library operations housed at The Osborn. This includes reference and customer service interaction, organization of the library, collection development and maintenance of the collection, regular reporting to Osborn and RFRR management, circulation and materials routing tasks, and collection of fines and fees.
18 hours per week, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 9 am to 3 pm
- ALA accredited Master’s degree in Library and Information Studies
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated oral and written communication skills, flexibility, and the ability to handle detail orientated work
- Strong commitment to public service and the ability to work well with a diverse and senior patronage
- Strong reader’s advisory skills
- Knowledge of reference, programming, and materials
- Knowledge of Evergreen preferred
- Knowledge of the Internet and computer-assisted reference services
Please send a resume and cover letter to director (at) ryelibrary (dot) org
Compensation and Benefits
Pay Range: $38.14 – $45.58 p/h
Benefits include paid time off, and optional enrollment in the New York State Retirement System.