Posted 2 weeks ago
The Human Resource Specialist will support administration and supervisors in the following areas: recruiting, hiring, performance issues, employee relations, separation, and compliance with local, state, and federal personnel regulations. Reports to the Library Director.
- Managing the employment lifecycle: recruiting, interviewing, orientation, conducting exit interviews
- Coaching managers & supervisors on employee performance and development issues
- Monitoring the performance evaluation program and modifying as needed
- Providing consultation on employee issues and facilitating conflict resolution
- Maintaining the employee handbook; assisting in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures
- Initiating continuous improvement of HR practices and processes to effectively and efficiently meet the needs of the Library
- Ensuring legal compliance with federal and state regulations and posting requirements
- Participating in Union negotiations
- Coordinating benefits packages
Experience and Qualifications:
Degree in HR or comparable experience as a human resources manager for a minimum of 5 years. Excellent training, oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
Compensation and Benefits:
Part Time: 12 hours per week, Hourly rate range: $23 – $26.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org