15-20 hours per week including one night per week and two Saturdays or Sundays per month
Are you an energetic, creative, friendly and fun person who happens to have their MLS/MLIS?
The Goshen Public Library is looking for a Librarian I like you to join their Just for Kids staff! The
successful candidate will be a part of our collaborative and award winning Children’s Services
team serving the Goshen community by providing reference and readers’ advisory services both
in print and digital formats, collection development in assigned areas, supervising the Just for
Kids Area of the Library during evening and weekend hours, and all aspects of children’s
Duties and Responsibilities include:
● Ability to be organized and work with initiative.
● Library Programming Skills include the ability to work with children one on one and in
varied group settings across all age levels assisting in developing and executing a blend
of traditional and innovative programming, including STEM and technology instruction.
● Customer Service Skills include being welcoming and receptive to questions, answering
phone calls, diplomatic enforcement of library policies and procedures and ability to
defer to the appropriate library staff member or department when necessary.
● Library Service Skills including locating materials across the Children’s varied
collections, using the online public catalog to search for materials/topics, placing holds
on materials, assisting patrons with public computers and assisting patrons with the self
● Library Technology Skills include knowledge/familiarity of library ILS systems including
SirsiDynix; Beanstack, our online book logging platform; the Libby and RCLS app as well
as Microsoft products including Outlook and SharePoint.
● Good knowledge of children’s literature, both classic and contemporary.
● Ability to carry and shelve books on low shelving and also to assist in the
maintenance/cleanliness of the activity room and other play areas.
Knowledge of the Fountas and Pinnell leveling system as it is used in the Goshen Central
School District elementary grades and conversational Spanish will be considered a plus.
A Master’s degree in Library Science or Library Information Science from a college or university
accredited by The American LibraryAssociation or by the New York State Board of Regents to
grant degrees and possession of a current New York State Public Librarian’s professional
certificate at time of application.
Please submit cover letter & resume to Erica Gati at: email@example.com