Orangeburg Library is seeking a part time librarian to join our already amazing team. Seasoned employees or students encouraged to apply.
· Works with the public at the reference desk answering reference questions, suggesting reading materials, placing holds, and assisting with library equipment (PC, fax, copier, etc).
· Responsible for monitoring computer workstations to assure the appropriate use
· Will assist the Head of Youth Services and Reference with various project such as collection development, weeding, and program preparation.
· Will become a Notary Public (training materials and study time provided).
· Other duties as assigned
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Knowledge of and interest in library materials
· Willingness to learn library methods and techniques and follow established guidelines
· Proficient in catalog software – Aspen and Workflows preferred
· Knowledge of and ability to demonstrate use of eBooks and other necessary software
· Communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
· Ability to physically perform the duties such as using a step to reach high shelves, bending or stooping to reach low shelves and carrying books and materials
· Knowledge of how to assist with the Internet and programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Must have, or be working towards, Masters of Library and Information Science.
Librarian needed to work Monday and Tuesday from 9:30am to 5:00pm, Wednesday night from 5-8, Thursday from 9:30 – 1pm, as well as 1 scheduled Sunday per month (at time & ½). Will also be offered the opportunity to cover other shifts on an as needed basis. Some flexibility with the schedule is available.
Hourly rate starts at $24 for students and increases depending on education and experience. Please indicated desired rate in your correspondence. Paid time off and participation in the NYS Retirement plan included.
Cover letter and resume should be emailed to email@example.com