Certified Librarian needed to work Monday and Tuesday from 9:30am to 5:00pm, Wednesday night from 5-8 as well as 1 scheduled Sunday per month (at time & ½). Will also be offered the opportunity to cover other shifts on an as needed basis.
- Works with the public at the reference desk answering reference questions, suggesting reading materials, placing holds, and assisting with library equipment (PC, fax, copier, etc).
- Responsible for monitoring computer workstations to assure the appropriate use
- May be asked to assist the Head of Youth Services and Reference with various project such as collection development, weeding, and program preparation.
- Will become a Notary Public (training materials and study time provided).
- Other duties as assigned
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of and interest in library materials
- Willingness to learn library methods and techniques and follow established guidelines
- Proficient in Enterprise and Workflows
- Knowledge of and ability to demonstrate use of eBooks and other necessary software
- Communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Ability to physically perform the duties such as using a step to reach high shelves, bending or stooping to reach low shelves and carrying books and materials
- Knowledge of how to assist with the Internet and programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have, or be working towards, Masters of Library and Information Science and up-to-date state Certificate
Salary is depending on education and experience. Please indicated hourly requirement.
Cover letter and resume should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org