Ethelbert B. Crawford Public Library is seeking candidates for a Part-Time Principal Account Clerk/Bookkeeper. This position is In-Peron, not remote. The Principal Account Clerk is responsible for:
- Handling various aspects of Public Library finances and accounts.
- Keep the general ledger, A/R and A/P using QuickBooks
- Prepare payroll, maintain worker’s compensation and disability insurance
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements and year-end forecast for the Board of Trustees.
- File, prepare and write all checks for signing
- Assist with preparation of the annual budget
- File the financial section of the Annual Report to the State
- Oversee retirement plan, health, and master insurance policies
- Prepare insurance reports; work with annual auditor
- Attend finance committee meetings as needed
Computerized systems and bookkeeping software (QuickBooks) are used for data entry, accounting. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Library Director. Performs related work as required. Hired provisionally. Subject to Sullivan County Civil Service examination process ( https://sullivan-portal.mycivilservice.com/exams ).
SCHEDULE: 12-18 hours/week
STARTING SALARY: $34.23/hour
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Either:
(A) Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university or one accredited by the New York State Board of Regents to grant degrees with a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Business Administration, Accounting or a related field; or
(B) Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university or one accredited by the New York State Board of Regents to grant degrees with an Associate’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or a related field and two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in maintaining or checking financial records or reports; or
(C) Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma and four (4) years of progressively responsible experience as described in (B) above; or
(D) Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience as described in (B) above.
NOTE: Successful completion of coursework in business administration, accounting or a related field at a college or university, may be substituted for the required experience with three (3) semester credit hours being equivalent to three (3) months of experience for a maximum of twelve (12) semester credit hours.
SUBMIT COVER LETTER, RESUME & 3 PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES
Ethelbert B. Crawford Public Library is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws as well as the rules and regulations of the Sullivan County Civil Service Commission. https://sullivan-portal.mycivilservice.com/main/jobs
Review of resumes will begin immediately.