Security Attendant – Temporary
The Ethelbert B. Crawford Public Library in Monticello, NY is seeking a person experienced in building safety, security, and basic building maintenance to fill a unarmed part-time Security Attendant position. This position is responsible for helping protect library users, staff, materials, furniture, equipment, and premises by circulating throughout the public areas and grounds to maintain an orderly atmosphere conducive to safe and pleasant library experiences for all. The Library Security Attendant will help maintain an outstanding rapport with the public and perform related building maintenance tasks as required.
· Patrol premises regularly to maintain order and establish presence
· Remove wrongdoers or trespassers from the area
· Secure all exits, doors and windows after end of operations
· Check surveillance cameras periodically to identify disruptions or unlawful acts
· Respond to alarms by investigating and assessing the situation
· Submit reports of daily surveillance activity and important occurrences
· Perform building maintenance tasks as needed
· Knowledge of legal guidelines for area security and public safety
· Familiarity with report writing
· Excellent surveillance and observation skills
· Experience with surveillance systems
· Knowledge of building maintenance tasks
This is a non-competitive Civil Service position. The successful candidate is eligible to participate in the NYS Local Retirement System as well as have paid time off and the option to opt into NYS Paid Family Leave and the NYS Deferred Compensation Plan. Sullivan County Civil Service Job Description link: https://sullivan-portal.mycivilservice.com/default/showdesc/Security%20Attendant.pdf
The position is for 16.25 hours per week (M-F) mornings, 9:00am-12:15pm. Starting pay is $19.67 per hour.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and list of 3 professional references to email@example.com. Review of resumes will begin immediately. The position is expected to begin as soon as we are able to fill it with a qualified candidate.