Services (WMS) integrated library system, maintenance of virtual library resources and services, cataloging, and serials, the Systems and Emerging Technologies Librarian will recommend and implement new and emerging technologies to enhance both ILS operations, information literacy teaching and learning. The position will also participate in library collection development, teaching, and a variety of reference activities, as well as participating in professional meetings, committees, and any necessary training.
Education and/or Experience
- Master of Library Science, Master of Library and Information Science, or Master of Information Science from an ALA accredited institution
- Previous higher education library experience desirable
- 3-5 years Library Automation Skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Highly computer literate and technologically oriented
- Ability to manage and maintain the integrated library system, WorldShare Management Services (WMS).
- Manage the EZProxy Authentication Services
- Knowledge of and ability to implement new and emerging information and communication technologies, including but not limited to open source, Web 2.0, social networking, mobile technologies, and content management systems in an academic library environment
- Oversee library cataloging operations; performs original cataloging, as needed
- Able to work collegially with diverse faculty, staff, and students in an established academic setting
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with Springshare products: LibGuides, LibWizard, and LibCal
- Proficiency with Access/SQL preferred; or must be willing and able quickly to learn and apply them in library operations, reporting, and assessment
- Familiarity with emerging RDA cataloging standards and practices
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong service orientation, work ethic, professionalism, and commitment to excellence
- Accustomed to meeting deadlines and following through on tasks
Please send the following materials electronically to Mr. Maxwell Hackman, Library Director, Psychological Services, St. Thomas Aquinas College at: email@example.com with a cover letter addressing the applicant’s credentials and experience as they relate to the position; curriculum vitae; and names, email addresses and contact information for three professional references. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.