The West Nyack Free Library, a small but mighty association library located in Rockland County, NY seeks an energetic, innovative and dynamic professional to fill the position of full-time Youth Services Librarian with an opportunity for advancement available.
The following list is a general outline of tasks and responsibilities and is not exhaustive:
- Plan, schedule and facilitate innovative and engaging youth programs including in-house programs, and/or hiring vendors, and managing invoice payments.
- Promotes programs and services in person and on-line.
- Engage in community outreach.
- Collection Development using professional journals to select and develop a balanced and well-used collection, that includes regular weeding, to meet the needs of the community.
- Assists with the management of library social media accounts with adherence to best practices for the youth department.
- Participates in professional development, and continuously improve skills and awareness of trends in library services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience to include:
- An MLS from an accredited University. Library School students will be considered and are encouraged to apply.
- Experience working with children and families.
- Awareness of children’s literature and best practices in youth programming.
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Platforms, Adobe Creative Suite and/or other graphic design software programs like Canva.
- Exceptional organizational, time-management, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and experience working as part of a team.
- Knowledge of SirsiDynik Symphony/Workflows a plus.
Salary: $57,000 annually for MLS.
Schedule: 35 hours per week, includes one night per week, and one weekend per month. Benefits include PTO, Holiday, State Health Insurance contribution, Flexible Spending Plan, 403b Plan.
Interested parties should send a cover letter and resume to Carmela Fiore, HR Assistant: email@example.com. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.